Words are not enough xxx

07:52 Karen 9 Comments

I have gone a little off piste with my Just One Sketch and skipped No 10 and gone onto No 11. I think that No 10 - to use lots of layers, will be right up my street but decided to do No 11 - a page without photos because it fitted in so nicely with what I was doing at the time. Unless you have been living in a cave in darkest Siberia you will know that Gracia, after months of hard work, has been offered a place at Med School. I wanted to tell her how proud of her we are and so wrote her a very long letter to that effect. I then thought - perfect I can copy it and put it into an envelope and use it on my 'layout without photos'.



It was easier than I had thought because I started by placing all my pieces of paper and kind of pretended that the envelope was a photo. Embellished the page and then embellished the envelope.


What a result! I really didn't think that a page without any photos would mean anything but in fact this one means more to me than any other.


It is unashamedly girly and the letter is unashamedly sentimental but it is, as Amy would say, in the moment journaling. So I just have two more layouts from Just One Sketch to make. I am so sad that this challenge has ended as it is the first class that I have completed for a very long time and I really do hope that there will be a Just one Sketch II !

Reasons to be Cheerful.

1. The inspiration that Miss Smith has given to all of the Just One Sketch participants.

2. That I have made a page that incorporates such an important stage of Gracia's life journey.

3. I have booked next Friday off work and hope that I can get my 'jumble sale, of a house whipped into some sort of order before my friend comes for lunch!





Photobucket

9 comments:

Amy said...

It would seem you managed a lot of layers as well!
Karen, I find the most fulfilling journaling I do is that which is in the moment - I am sure this is a letter that you will both treasure in years to come ... I have a feeling Gracia has a long road ahead of her and will need to draw on all of your love and support!

Ruth said...

This is perfect! It was such a great idea to use your letter to Gracia as your starting point. She's a lucky girl to have you for her mum.

Lizzie said...

That is such a clever way to deal with the challenge - treat the central item (letter) as if it was the photo; after all, that is really what it's about, photo or no photo - the layout needs a central focus. It's just that a photograph makes that easier. I think the page is fabulous! Love all those butterflies - very appropriate and very pretty too.
Gracia will probably keep the letter for ever - she's a lucky girl, to have parents like you!

scrappyjacky said...

What a wonderful page,Karen....one to really treasure.....and as Amy says.....there's a lot of layers there as well.

Cheri said...

What a beautiful page Karen! and my first thought (before seeing all the comments) was that the layout could qualify for both 10 & 11 - as there are LOTS of layers too!

Alison said...

Beautiful page Karen.....and what a great idea to use your letter to Gracia!
Alison xx

This page is so beautiful, Karen. It truly signifies your love and pride for Gracia. It's a work of art in the most loving form. ♥

Sandie said...

That's a lovely page Karen and shows that we don't always need photos.

Sian said...

Hi Karen, I wanted to thank you for the good wishes. Much appreciated! Tell that doctor-in-waiting of yours all the best from me. We need really great dopctors!