Evolution

17:57 Karen 8 Comments

How sad - I have just finished the last page for Just One Sketch and I have to say I have loved each and almost (not the gray one) every one of the sketch variations. I am hoping that the very talented Miss Smith comes up with something else for us as I shall miss doing these very much. 

My original sketch


and after 12 pages this is what my sketch has finally evolved into.

Ops - just realised that today is the 10th and not the 11th as it says on my layout!

I have used various elements that I liked from the previous layouts. 
  •  Round background paper from the circle page 
  •  narrow horizontal bands of paper from the 'make it small' one 
  •  black cardstock from my 'mirror image' layout
  •  Butterflies made from text paper and beads from the 'use a colour you don't usually use' page 
  •  Prima flowers in yellow and cream and a centralised title from the 'make it simple' layout 
  •  Tags from the 'layer it up' page
  •  and journaling strips from most of the pages. 

I am absolutely amazed at how different each of the 12 pages from this one sketch have turned out. I still think that my favourite one is the one without any photos!


Reasons to be cheerful 

1. My Kiera girl has no lasting effects from her nasty accident. 

2. I was able to take her for a 3 mile walk this morning and we both felt better for it. 

3. My e-bay purchase, for a very special occasion, far exceeded my expectations :o) 



Photobucket

8 comments:

debs14 said...

Was that accident really a year ago? So pleased she made such a complete recovery but you must still worry whenever you go past that spot. I'm planning to tackle the 'no photo' layout this week, although I am still struggling with the inspiration for it!

scrappyjacky said...

Have loved seeing all your wonderful pages....and how your sketch has evolved.

I love our butterfly embellies. Thanks for the close up.
Rinda

Alison said...

Love seeing all your pages together Karen..it's hard to believe they have all been inspired by the one sketch!
Alison xx

Amy said...

Thanks for showing all of your layouts here today Karen, it is really good to see them in the one place as a reminder of what you had done and how the class progressed!

Sian said...

Great plan to show us the full collection all together - a feast for the eyes!

Denise said...

Your pages have all been beautiful and very inspiring-they all have their own magic but I too love the 'no photo' one.

Lizzie said...

I am so glad Kiera didn't suffer any lasting effects from her accident - it certainly looked quite horrific at the time. Good that she has made a full recovery!

Your pages from Just One Sketch are all very lovely. I can see the resemblance between a number of them, but only because you put them all together in the photo collage AND because I know you used the same sketch as a starting point. They are all different and all pretty amazing really! Lovely pages to record plenty of good memories.

Thanks for dropping by my blog today and leaving me a nice comment. I wonder who has pet peacocks near you; my son has a friend whose family keep some, but I think you live further away than that!