Lessons Learnt

13:24 Karen 9 Comments

Taking classes is one of the things I really enjoy about crops and retreats. I love to be able to learn new techniques and ways of doing things that I can adapt for my own pages, so I really enjoyed all the 5 classes I took last weekend. 

My first class was with Mel and used Prima Almanac - one of my absolute favourite paper ranges. It was a two page layout with lots of cutting and reassembling the papers. I chose to use photographs of our parents weddings for the first page, sadly we have both lost our father so I really cherish these photos.


I used a photograph of our wedding (shocking how young we look) for the second page. 

 Although they are not a double page they will sit very nicely side by side in my album. 


The second class I took on Friday was taught by Debbie Jewell and involved lots of cutting and layering (right up my street) and making beautiful voile flowers to produce a really lovely page. 

Again I used old black and white photos of when I was little in the 50's (now that really dates me)! 





Reasons to be cheerful: 

1. Ladies who come up with fabulous classes with innovative ways to use paper and glue. 

 2. Finding time this week to finish off two more of the classes from last weekend. 

3. Having done all the jobs I need to do before Monday, after the St George's Day parade with the Rainbows, I can settle down to try and finish the final class I took. A double pager designed by the ultra talented Karen Cole.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Alison said...

Those Almanac papers are indeed lovely...and perfect for your pics!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

I agree with Alison....and such a gorgeous vintage feel.

Sian said...

I really love the idea of using both wedding photos together - I'm sure doing that gave you lots to think about. Pretty stuff!

debs14 said...

Fantastic photos in beautiful layouts, absolutely lovely!

Cheri said...

These are gorgeous layouts Karen with lots and lots of texture! Do they still fit in page protectors?

Laurie said...

Such lovely pages x

Denise said...

Those Prima Almanac certainly are stunning papers and isn't it lovely when you've got some special photos too and it all comes together- lovely pages Karen x

Amy said...

Both classes looks to be wonderful techniques for you to use on future pages!

A little something lovely arrived this afternoon - thank you! :-)

Those papers are just gorgeous, aren't they? Lovely pages, lovely story behind them :)
Gayle x