Does it have to be new?

14:07 Karen 4 Comments

When we went to the ATDML retreat the DT were allowed to choose exactly what they wanted to design with and I surprised Jill by choosing some papers from Bella Blvd.   These papers were just so me and so fresh and lively looking that in truth I hadn't realised that they were old ranges!  Just goes to show how much notice I take of current trends :0) 


I was so inspired by the papers that I made 5 layouts, 3 cards and a mini book.  So I will show you my favourite couple of layouts today and the rest later in the week.

Birthday Girl (how I wished I had been there on her Birthday but facebook photos and skyping were almost as good).




 Not Your Average Girl (I think that just about sums me up!)





I experimented with my new Martha Stewart round the page punches on this one.

So my question is - Does a paper range have to be new to excite you?

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1.   Having the fore-site to bring my laptop to work so that I could blog at lunchtime.

2. It's a 4 day weekend.

3. This day in two weeks time we will be on our way to pick up our girlie for the summer break - excited is not the word for it!




Photobucket

4 comments:

Sian said...

No, I don't need a range to be new, I think it's more about fresh colour combinations for me. You have certainly done a fine job here of silencing any doubters though! It all looks new and exciting to look at to me..

Cheri said...

Definitely does NOT have to be new. When I like something, I just like it. In fact, I have a paper pad from K & Company called "Que Sera Sera" from early 2011 that I like so much I just went a bought another pad of - and this is a 54 sheet pad! So yep, we'll be seeing lots of this paper in my scrapping and projects! I have plenty to use up.

Cheri said...

P.S. Your layouts really do look inspired - it's obvious you love working with this line!

Alison said...

Love the fussy-cutting..and no, I can use not-so-new papers quite happily!
Alison xx