A Mum's Advice or Mistakes I have Made.
This is not the post I originally planned but after reading Sian's post about nostalgia and as I was missing my girl, this is the post I decided on. :0)
Several years ago I made a layout with advice for Gracia regarding the things I wished I had done and the things I wished I hadn't. Hoping that she didn't make the same mistakes. Looking back on this she seems to have listened to most of my advice.
Things I would like you to do:-
- Go to live concerts - something I have never done but something she has embraced wholeheartedly.
- Travel abroad with your friends - she is on her seventh week abroad in less than a year
- Believe in yourself and know your strengths - getting into medical school through hard work and self belief
- Always look for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- Know the right thing to do and do it - don't listen to what others say. Also know when it is the wrong thing to do and don't do it - still don't listen to other people.
- Treasure your friends - they are more important than anything else(including boyfriends) she is off for a week's holiday with Hannah and Sophie whose friendship she values above all others.
- Do what you want to do and not what others say you should want - Gracia dances to the beat of her own drum at all times.
- Have at least one child because believe me they will be your greatest blessing and deepest joy - even though I want this to happen some day, I hope it is not for many years yet.
- Above all else, remember that we will always be here for you no matter how old or how far away you are - I hope she remembers this every day.
Things I hope you don't
- Hold grudges - say your piece and move on.
- When you first leave home live nearly 220 miles away - she lives further away than that!
- Let others live their lives through you.
- Spend all of your wages (save a little for a rainy day please).
- Waste time on things that are of no importance.
- Forget who your real friends are.
- Let anyone say you can't do something - you can do anything you can put your mind to.
- Leave the things you want to do until it is too late.
- Do or say things that you will always regret.
- Don't ever forget you are our girl and we think you are amazing, beautiful, brilliant and so, so special - I hope she remembers this every day.
This post was brought to you by Sian's Story Telling Sunday series.
Reasons to be cheerful:
1. Gracia has traveled to places I have only read about.
2. She is doing all she can to reach her dreams.3. She is living life to the full.