Retrieving it from the Dark Side

11:13 Karen 10 Comments

 Last week, I came across this digi layout that I had made a couple of years ago and thought it would quickly transfer into a paper version.  I really liked the composition but as I had scrapped that particular photo several times decided to make a paper version with a different photo and to use a different colour scheme.


I cut a black frame on my Craft Robo (a very ancient silhouette) and that was my starting point.  I then sorted through my photos to find one that would suit the frame and off I went. The photo I chose was one I had taken about 10 years ago.  I have printed it out several times but never scrapped it.  I really don't know why as I do so love her cute little face in it. Just looking at this photo reminds me of the fun we all had out on our Sunday walks or bike rides, in the woods with the dogs.  Don't you just love how a photo can evoke such strong memories.  I think that is why we all love this hobby so much.

Once I had cut and punched out the remaining elements for the page from  7 Gypsies Trousseau papers. I inked all the pieces with Pumice Stone ink.

I thought the background Kraft was too plain and so a few spritzes of watered down white paint and Cosmic Shimmer later I was happy with the result. (I am new to spritzing and spraying, although I have invested in several sprays I am still a little reticent to use them).

I added a few buttons and some Prima Almanac flowers and butterflies - I had a page that was made in an instant as I already had the digital version to copy.


and how fortunate that one of the papers had a shortened version of my Gracia's name printed on it!

Reasons to be cheerful:

1.  Going back to contact lenses for the first time in 20 years and getting them in first try this morning (no red and poked about eyes for me today) :0)

2. Yet another week without arguments - almost blew it yesterday but I did say 'I don't want to argue with you so let it go' and she did!

3.  My poor boy, who has shingles, feels a little better today.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Jo.C said...

Great Lo and good on you for contact lenses. They are very different from 20 years ago :0)
Get well soon to your boy x

Amy said...

Oh well done, you were right, that page translates well as either digi or paper. I hope the patient improves very soon, we have had sickies here too!

debs14 said...

Oh no, hope he soon recovers ( and doesn't pass it on)
The page works well from the digi layout and I am very impressed with your paint spraying. Such things still scare me!
Hope you get on well with the contacts, I cringe when I think of touching eyes but bet there comes a time when I give up my glasses!

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely page,Karen....it translates to paper perfectly.

Sian said...

Contact lenses have changed a lot in the last 20 years, haven't they? I still laugh when I look back to the torture of the ones I had as a teenager!

I love the way you changed formats but kept the design. Clever!

Such a lovely and versatile sketch. Thanks for the reminder on the importance of walking away from an argument.
And gentle, air hugs to your boy. I've heard shingles are just awful.
Rinda

Louise said...

i love how you've kept the design of the layout yet created something different.

Denise said...

Beautiful page Karen,glad the lenses are going well,and I hope your boy is recovering quickly - very painful.I wish him better quickly x x

Alison said...

Your Lo works really well Karen....hope the shingles is improving- it's a horrible thing!
Alison xx

Melissa said...

What a nice layout - I like that you scraplifted yourself!