Mission Accomplished

20:12 Karen 8 Comments

Yep - we have managed 13 weeks together and not one serious argument, only one time when I had to walk away and only one time when I had to say 'Let's drop it'. Our lovely girl has gone back to Newcastle and once again I am missing her so much.

On Sunday we took her to the station and off she went back to Newcastle. 

 
I sometimes wonder if we should have had more scraps so that I would be relieved when she returned to Newcastle! 

Our final week was spent at Center Parcs as a little holiday treat for the four of us. We had a fabulous time doing things as a family, Gracia and Josh, David and I doing things together, David and Josh, Gracia and I doing things together. We swam, played badminton, went 10 pin bowling, walked Kiera (yes she came too - it was a family holiday) went to the gymnasium, played crazy golf and so many other things.  

 At the moment they do not have internet at their house so we can't Skype so this is my saving grace.


Reasons to be cheerful:

1. A holiday where we got to know Josh better, David and Josh built on their friendship and I think David now knows what it would be like to have a son.  I have to say that I have never seen such competition when they were playing any and every sport! Is it a boy thing?

2. 13 weeks of peace with my gorgeous girl.

3. The prospect of seeing Gracia very soon.


 Photobucket

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A very Good Day to you.

Cheri said...

Hooray for both of you for keeping it together!

humel said...

Oh, Karen. Thinking of you. So glad you had a lovely long summer together x

I've thought about your challenge often over the last few weeks. Trying and succeeding in being more positive with my girl.
Thank you.
Rinda

Becca said...

Glad you had a lovely summer, I didn't want our summer to end either (E was brilliant during school holidays).
Hope they get Internet soon, & hopefully the time in between her next visit will fly by x

Amy said...

I am giggling a the serious tone you seem to have when on the phone ... a bit like "Mother is waiting ....."!
I love how you approached the summer with such a strong sense of positivity and fun!

debs14 said...

There, that wasn't so hard after all was it?!
Pleased you had a great time at Center Parcs, and hope it isn't too long before you can Skype again.

Sian said...

Best of luck with the new term - to the pair of you!