Today I am

06:47 Karen 7 Comments


 I have taken this idea for a quick post from Rinda's blog (thank you Rinda).

Outside My Window...  It is just getting light, a welcome change to the recent dark mornings but at a price - it is now dark at 5pm resulting in driving home from work for a whole hour in the dark.
Around the house and garden... Having spent most of Sunday clearing out the spare room I frequently have to go in there to check out how much I have done and how little there is to do.
I am thinking... that it's not long until Christmas and I really must get organised and decide on presents and shopping.
I am thankful for... Gracia's love of her new course and the delight she derives from telling us all about her week in our weekly Skype calls.
From the kitchen... Homemade leek and potato soup for supper with enough left for me to have for lunch today..
I am wearing ... pajamas and a fleece as the heating has not 'kicked in' yet. 
I am hoping ... that the project I am planning in my head can become a reality and make life a little easier and more enjoyable.
I am reading... the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy Mockingjay.
I am busy creating... page kits and editing photographs ready for a retreat I am going to/teaching at next weekend.
I am hearing... David getting up which indicates that it is time to walk away from the laptop and get started on the day.

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. Leek and Potato soup for lunch.

2. Time to myself each morning.

3. This photo that came to me via Facebook yesterday.

 

 

Don't you just love the purple stethoscope with her name on?


Photobucket

7 comments:

Jo.C said...

This is a lovely post and the photos are wonderful. No wonder you are so proud x

humel said...

Fabulous photos - she looks gorgeous, and very happy :) How are you enjoying Mockingjay? I felt that the first book was definitely the best of the trilogy, but I did enjoy the others, and I'm looking forward to the films.

Alison said...

Love the photos...your girl does indeed look happy...I think it might be getting to soup time here too!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Yes! That stethescope is something special..long may it help her in her work

scrappyjacky said...

So pleased she's enjoying the course....what a great photo.

Sandie said...

Nice post, Karen, and lovely photo.

Thanks for the shout-out! I know I adapted that from another blog.
Love the peek into your life.
Rinda