A Post of Two Halves

22:38 Karen 2 Comments

 
 Monday 19th November

Too much to do and not enough time. This working malarkey really gets in the way of all the things I want to do and at the moment finding time to blog is not high on my agenda :0(

This is just a very quick post to show you some of the beautiful classes I took at ATDML retreat.  They have not been edited as I am still having issues with my laptop, going back to the pc hospital tomorrow, but I hope they are good enough to give you some idea of how lovely the classes were.

First up was this class, I have to admit that I brought the kit as I didn't get to the retreat until later on Friday and the class had already been taught.  So this is my version of Debbie's version of Dawn's class - long story!



On Friday evening,  I also took a class designed by Debbie Jewell, which involved alcohol inks and stamping onto mold-able film. 



I must confess that the colours I used for the alcohol inks were determined by which ones had clean bottles and would not get ink on my hands - I know I am very ocd about that sort of things and it takes a lot of deep breathing before I can even think about using messy stuff.  I loved the class and the results but not the messy hands I ended up with!



Sunday 24th November

Well I have my laptop back with almost all of the issues fixed.  I still don't have a working dvd drive and hence no Photoshop elements at the moment, as this virus messed up my installed programmes,  so only able to edit photos on my phone using Instagram!  Apologies to all the authors of all the lovely blogs that I follow as I have had to mark all your recent posts as read due to the huge build up of posts due to lack of computer.  I will start again today and try to keep up to date.  

At the retreat we were all given a mystery kit and this is the layout I made with mine. The photo is when the kids drew eyebrows on Kiera - that dog will let anyone do whatever they like to her!



Don't you just love the look she is giving me! I can almost hear her saying "Well, do I look beautiful now?"



Reasons to be cheerful:

1.  Only three more weeks and my girl is home.

2. David's work is up to date which means I can concentrate on getting ready for the big Christmas Crop (a few places left  - see below).

3.  Hopefully, I can find little time to get some crafting done in the week.

Hope your week is a splendid one.


Note - I have a couple of places left at my Christmas Crop in Colchester so if you are in driving distance and would like to come please email me on eclectickeepsakes@btinternet.com for more details or look on UKS

Photobucket

2 comments:

Becca said...

The Debbie Jewell is my favourite, the butterflies are gorgeous & so worth the messy fingers :)

debs14 said...

Oh how I love that eyebrow photo! What a good natured dog she is to allow them to do that to her. And to stand still long enough for you to photograph her looking so beautiful!