The Big Difference!

06:54 Karen 11 Comments

Well, lovely blog readers, I am back in the world of cyberspace and it's no thanks to the mean and cunning scareware inventors!   

I have spent the most sublime weekend at Stoke by Nayland Golf Club at the ATDML retreat, chatting, cropping, taking classes, teaching classes and just having some wonderful time with friends - old and new.


I have pinched this photo from Denise's blog but it shows my old and new friends.

I met Katherine and took one of her classes - what a lovely and talented lady.

I will blog the pages I made at the weekend once I am about with my camera and there is sufficient light, sufficient time and I have the actual layouts with me.  I never seem to be able to get all the four necessities together at the same time at the moment.

But I will leave you with photos of the class I taught last weekend.  It was made from just two pieces of paper and a set of stickers plus various office supplies.  I also took a couple of typewriters into the class so that the ladies could type their journaling. The class focused on using normal stationery products such as post it notes, labels, staples and page reinforcers on your layouts.  My two pages also illustrated the big difference between how boy's like to play and how girl's like to play!

A gentle girl version




 about the companionship of girls baking.

 

A frantic boy version


 about competitiveness of boys playing sport.



Reasons to be cheerful:

1. After her first exam Gracia is making up for lost time in the partying stakes.

2. I have a fully working laptop once again (well almost - my Photoshop Elements is still hidden so I will have to take it back to the laptop Dr to get it retrieved).

3. It is almost the weekend and it is my crop weekend.  I have projects from the retreat to finish, no crop kits to pack and have already decided what cupcakes to bake so tomorrow may prove to be less frantic than the usual pre crop Friday.

p.s.  If you like my class enough to want to make one yourself I believe that ATDML may have some spare kits.  Email Jill at  
sales@atripdownmemorylane.co.uk   
and I am sure she will be able to help you.
 



Photobucket

11 comments:

Amy said...

Glad everything is sorted Karen - computer viruses are such a pain. Lovely layouts today too - I love the colours in both and all the layering you have done.

Sandra said...

Looks like a fun and creative time was had :)

Cheri said...

Glad you are back! Wow, back to back crops - what fun!

Alison said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself Karen...and love the layouts!

Becca said...

Your class looks lovely Karen, looking forward to Saturdays crop x

scrappyjacky said...

Love the layouts...the crop sounds great.

humel said...

Welcome back! That looks like a fabulous class :)

Louise said...

wow fantastic pages. I love how you have used all those stickers x

Thank you :) It was fantastic to meet you all in person. I love your tag pages they are both beautiful with all those lovely details :)

Thank you :) It was fantastic to meet you all in person. I love your tag pages they are both beautiful with all those lovely details :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.