The Canadian Visitor

07:56 Karen 25 Comments

For 2013 Sian's Story Telling Sunday is about telling tales and stories about the thing that are precious to you.

I will let My Precious tell his own story

"Hello, my name is Freckles and I have been Karen's faithful friend for over 50 years.  I first met Karen when I was about 5 and she was about 4.  I was visiting from Canada with my then owner Grace (known to Karen as Auntie Grace but in fact she was Great Aunt Grace).  The intention was  that we would only come over for a short visit - Grace's visit lasted 3 years and mine has been over 50.  You see when Grace saw how much Karen loved me she couldn't bear to take me back with her when she returned and so left me here.


I was made especially for Grace by her daughter-in-law and meant so much to her.  You see not long after I was created she died.  I think that prompted our visit to England.  Grace must have loved Karen very, very much too as to part with me must have been such a hard thing to do.  It's a strange thing really because as much as Karen loves her Gracia (see the connection) she has never found it in her heart to part with me to her.  I know one day I will have a new friend but for now I am happy to sit in Karen's bedroom and watch over her as I am sure that's what Grace would want me to do."


So that is the story of my precious.  Story told for Sian's Story Telling Sunday (pop over to her blog to see what other precious things are telling their stories and layout made for Miss Smith's Telling Tales class.



Reasons to be cheerful:

1.  A childhood filled with love.

2. People who encourage you to remember your story and get it written down to peruse later and smile. (Thank you Sian).

3.  People who encourage you to make scrapbook pages that tell the stories and little incidents that make up your own personal life journey. (Thank you Kirsty). 




Photobucket

25 comments:

debs14 said...

Whilst I am very sure that Gracia would take care of you Freckles, I think it probably is best that you stay with Karen a little bit longer.
Great story and lovely layout!

Jo said...

Wow, such a lovely story and Freckles is just gorgeous x

Becky said...

A great story and how precious Freckles must be to you.

Jennie Hart said...

Precious indeed, Freckles is beautiful.

Sian said...

..and thank you karen for continuing to share your lovely pages and pieces of your life! This is such a perfectly precious tale. I love it.

Sheena said...

What a wonderful story Karen x
Freckles is truly precious.

scrappyjacky said...

What a wonderful keepsake,Karen.

Denise said...

Now I know the story behind freckles I love that layout even more than yesterday! I would love to meet him one day ! x

Liz said...

Such a lovely story. How nice that you kept her all these years.

Sandra said...

Beautiful .... A real love story xx

Ruth said...

How very lovely and how very similar to the post my sister has today.

Lythan said...

What a generous gift and a great story too

Gail said...

What a lovely story and gift from your Aunt.

Louise said...

a wonderful story and how lovely that she has stayed with you this long! x

Alison said...

You must have had a very special relationship with your aunt, for her to have entrusted Freckles to you! A lovely story..and I love how you used Kirsty's prompt!
Alison xx

Ginger said...

Love your story! Freckles is beautiful and so is your layout :)

Karen said...

It's wonderful that you've had Freckles for so many years! Great layout, too.

Cheri said...

Freckles looks pretty darn good for being over 50 years old!

This is totally adorable!
Thanks for sharing,
Rinda

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful story. Please tell Freckles how much we enjoyed it.

Such a lovely relationship and page - glad you shared both :)

dogmatix said...

Lovely story...and Freckles, you are beautiful

I love everything about this post, Karen! The story, the layout, your photos, and that adorable little doll. Awesome! xo

Chipper said...

Freckles is so cute! I love thee layout too.

Sandie said...

What a lovely story Karen. I have a doll from my early childhood and never passed her on either.