Tales from the Scrapheap

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Out of the mouths of babes.

I was going to write about a completely different 'precious' this month but yesterday, whilst tidying my desk found a little book that is very precious to me. 

 
You see, when Gracia was small, I mean three or four, we used to ask her to sum up her day and we then wrote it down in little books. This one is from when she was three and I love the way everyday life is observed from her point of view, from the time Rosie (our naughtiest dog ever ) 'eated' her tea to the time she had new shoes and Mummy said 'no skipping or jumping in them'. 


These little books really are so precious to me because they sum up a happy carefree childhood filled love and laughter where the simplest of deeds is an adventure.  



Reasons to be cheerful:

1. The memories that come flooding back each page I read of these little books.

2. How happy Gracia was and how much she enjoyed life.

3. Keeping these little books for when Gracia's future children are able to read them.




Photobucket

24 comments:

Ruth said...

What a treasure!

Ladkyis said...

Such a good idea to make those notes. Ordinary life gets swallowed up by... ordinary life so having a reminder is wonderful. Thank you for sharing

debs14 said...

What a brillant idea! I can imagine how many happy childhood memories come flooding back when you read these.

Rhona said...

What a fantastic idea and how wonderful to have all those memories written down :) x

Sian said...

How wonderful! I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one today wishing that she had been clever enough to think of doing this :) I especially love that she records how she had been doing some "cutting" - a chip off the old block, maybe? A perfect precious indeed!

Jennie Hart said...

Great idea and I am sure they are your precious. Thanks for telling us about them.

Karen said...

Oh, how I wish I had done something like that. Precious, indeed!

Cheri said...

How fun!

Sheena said...

How truly wonderful to have all these happy memories from your daughters childhood written down x

Irene said...

Sometimes it's the simple things that are so precious. Who knew that those little notebooks could contain such important storytelling and well done you for remembering to record in them.

Mel said...

Very similar to my precious this month - I bet she loves reading them back and cringing!

Sabrina S. said...

Lucky you to have saved such precious tidbits of early life!
Cheers from France

Jennie said...

Reat treasure! What a lovely book to have, Thanks for sharing, J x

Sandie said...

What a lovely idea! These are where true precious memories are made :)

Elizabeth said...

That is indeed precious. How fortunate Gracia is to have had you record her days. It's a lovely idea.

Louise said...

such a wonderful book to look back on a reminisce. Definitely precious x

Missus Wookie said...

Getting new shoes and having to be careful are such a big part of life aren't they? I still remind myself of that! What a wonderful thing to have found :) TFS.

Amy said...

Karen, this is one of the loveliest ideas I have heard of - I bet you all have a good laugh looking back on it now!

favouriteworkofart said...

Beautiful. I have these for my children and know they will be treasured in years to come.

S said...

What a wonderful thing to do with your child. And your page is just precious as well!

Jo said...

I bet it is amazing to turn the time back as you turn the pages of the book!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I agree - these are treasures!
And I adore the photo in your layout.
Rinda

Gail said...

What a treasure and what a great idea - I must tell my niece & niece-in-law.

Chipper said...

That was a wonderful book to write. I wish I had done that with my three. You think you will remember but the amount you forget is staggering!