June DT Part 1

08:30 Karen 4 Comments


For June's ATDML DT this month we were all given Fancy Pants to design with.  I made this page and then blogged about it on the shop blog,  so apologies of you have read this post over there, already.

For me scrapbooking is all about recording life 'warts and all' and I am very fond of scrapping the everyday.


In this layout I ponded over the dilemma I have at the moment.  I love my patent leather DM boots.  Love that they were bought for me at a time I was feeling swamped by motherhood and love how them made me feel that my husband saw me as a funky young thing - even if I didn't.


My dilemma is that I don't feel that I can wear them at the moment because they have now come back in fashion and I see so many teenagers in them that I would feel foolish wearing them.  So do I keep them until they go out of fashion again or do I throw in the towel and admit I may be too old for them.  I think it will probably be the former rather than the latter as I am not ready to act my age yet!


For this page I have used the delicious Fancy Pants Trendsetter range.


Reasons to be cheerful:

1.  Loving my Cameo Silhouette for cutting out flowers etc.

2.  A husband in whose eyes I will always be young and trendy.

3.  An immense love of my old and battered but still shiny DM's.
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Cheri said...

If you love them, wear them anyway! It is the teens copying you, not the other way around!

scrappyjacky said...

I agree with Cheri!!!

Alison said...

You definately CAN'T get rid of them..wear them with pride!!
Alison xx

Denise said...

Beautiful pages - and I love love that booty one ! xxx Wear them !