20:30 Karen 6 Comments

Firstly, a huge apology to the ladies whose blogs I read and comment on - The Old Reader has been inoperative for several days and now it is back I have over 100 posts in my list - I have taken the easy way out and marked all as read and am starting again as from now!

Also, what about this cloud for Rinda's Photo Scavenger Hunt - do you think it looks like the Angel of the North?



I have made another layout for my 'Scrapping the Everyday' series.

Now, it's no secret that I hate housework.  In fact I loathe it with such a passion but I accept it is one of life's necessary evils.  When I do housework it takes me such a long time to do as I am so easily distracted by anything and everything.  I find a magazine that needs to be read, need to find something out on the internet and then my time disappears or just (un)intentionally start to work on a scrapbook page that is on the table that I am supposed to be clearing away!

It does get done eventually and I love how the house looks once it is clean and tidy.  At the moment it is far more pleasurable as Gracia helps me and we do each room together - chatting, laughing and listening to the iPod as we go.  I am so going to miss that girl when she goes back to Newcastle but we are making the most of these holidays and spending lots of time together doing more than just housework!


As a reward for doing the job I hate so much I always buy myself a bunch of flowers, sometimes just a very small one and sometimes a beautiful bunch of lilies.  This time I chose chrysanthemums - do you think I might have purchased them with the colours of the Fancy Pants 6x6 papers from Ann's crop kit in mind?  ;0)


Reasons to be cheerful:

1.  Getting to spend time with my lovely girl.

2.  A weekend of shopping and baking together.

3.  A little sewing project that we both have in mind.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Sandie said...

That's a lovely page Karen - so colourful. I often treat myself to flowers to, they cheer me and the room :)

sue jones said...

What a beautiful page!! Love those colours xx

scrappyjacky said...

They certainly match those papers beautifully.
I can definately see the Angel of the North in that cloud.

What a great cloud capture! I definitely see the angel. Don't forget to pop by on Wednesday and link up.
Hope reader works better, and no worries about declaring blog amnesty!
Rinda

Jo.C said...

Love the cloud, def the Angel. I love to pass it on my way up x

debs14 said...

Great cloud picture and please could you sent your girl over here to inspire my house working?