I Heart Summer

08:18 Karen 6 Comments

There are many things I like about summer - strawberries, magnificent sunsets, being woken by birdsong, things I am not overly keen on - too much heat, mosquitoes, not remembering to drink more and ending up with a headache. But the thing I love most of all about the summer is that Gracia is home for a lovely long time.

 This year it has been bittersweet as at the beginning of the summer my best-est best friend moved to Scotland as her husband had relocated there for his job.  I have to confess, I don't do friends easily, often preferring my own company but Eileen persevered and eventually we became bff's.  It started when Gracia changed schools and become friends with Eileen's daughter Hannah.  They are still best friends 12 years later!  



I am rambling and loosing the plot a bit here - back to my loving summer, as her mum and dad were in Scotland Hannah came to stay with us for a few days in June and, as they always do - good girls that they are, Gracia and Hannah took some photos of themselves in the garden.  

I used one of these photos of the beautiful girls for my class at the last crop.  Cutting out masses of flowers on my Silhouette and using the absolutely beautiful I Heart Summer collection from Simple Stories.  


Also another thing to love about Summer this year is that I was drawn out for a prize from the recent class that I took with Jennifer Grace - look at these wonderful summery papers just crying out to be used.


Reasons to be cheerful

1.  My girl is home until September
2. I have tomorrow off work to spend with her.
3. Friendships that endure the ups and downs of 12 years.


 Photobucket

6 comments:

Amy said...

This is a great post today Karen and your layout is superb!
I can see you using those supplies, the colours looks to be ones that would suit your layouts.

Enjoy every moment of your summer!

debs14 said...

You know how much I loved that layout!
Enjoy your time with Gracia and make sure you Skype Eileen regularly. Maybe we could get a life size cut out of her to sit at one of the desks at the next crop?

scrappyjacky said...

What a gorgeous layout...and all those flowers are just perfect for summer.

Cheri said...

What a beautiful layout of two beautiful young women!

So glad you and Gracia are having a good summer.
rinda

Oh what a beautiful layout, Karen. The photo is lovely, and all those flowers are SO awesome!!! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with your girl. :o) xo