Rinda's Photo Scavenger Hunt - Round Two

21:06 Karen 10 Comments

Firstly, apologies for the strange layout of this post - I think it is having a Blogger moment!

Having spent several days in Newcastle, moving Gracia from one house to another (more on that saga later) I took the opportunity or maybe the opportunities found me, to take several more photos for Rinda's Photo Scavenger Hunt. 

 First, while we were waiting for Josh to join us I spied - 20. A dinosaur

 

The next day we went for a walk in Heaton Park and found another - 16. A windmill 

 

We also found - 11. An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc.



 In the afternoon we went to Tynemouth and in the market found - 7. A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny


Walking along the beach we spotted - 19. A fisherman

 There are two there, honest!

On Monday we went to Durham and found another even better fisherman.



We went to the cathedral and got into trouble for photographing - 17. Candle(s)


 In the afternoon we visited the Botanical Gardens where the opportunity for - 10. A bench that is outside - arose.



 When we got back to Newcastle I found - 13. A fence

 and on Tuesday morning looked up to the sky and saw 12. A cloud in the shape of something (Loch Ness Monster)

to add to my collection, last week, whilst at work I caught the photocopier napping - 6. Someone or something taking a nap

 

and today I took a little drive out at lunchtime to photograph - 4. Airplane 

 

So that was my Scavenger Hunting week.

As I said the reason we went to Newcastle was to move Gracia, Josh and their housemates from one house to another.  The agents came to inspect the house that they were leaving and even though it was much cleaner than when they moved in said that it needed more cleaning done.  So the three adults - me, David and Joe's Mum cleaned the old house while the kids sorted the things in the new house.  When we were in the new house Gracia wanted the furniture in her bedroom shifted about - bearing in mind when we got there there were 4 cleaners just leaving as we got there, when I moved her wardrobe underneath were toenail clippings, dirt, dust and old food!  In fact I swept a whole dustpan out.  The bathrooms were so filthy that I wouldn't even bath the dog in the showers and don't get me on to how much food and debris was under the kitchen units!  
Today Gracia was informed by the letting agents from the first house that they are going to be charged £500 for cleaning it!  What a scam this is as we had asked the agents what needed doing and had scrubbed the bottom of the doors, skirting boards etc that they had listed.  I am just so cross.  This will not be the last they hear from me.

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1.  A lovely weekend spent in Newcastle and the surrounding area.
2.  The sun has shone brightly all day.
3.  Having the foresight to take photographs of the old house and how clean it was before we left. 




Photobucket

10 comments:

Rachel B said...

Wow! That's a lot crossed off the list! I love the photocopier in a deep sleep! :)

Sian said...

I like the napping photocopier!

Denise said...

Brilliant scavenger photos and we had the same thing when Alex moved too - they charge them ridiculous amounts for stuff that shouldn't be - the boys stood their ground and took them to task about it but that's another story ( with a good ending!) x

Louise said...

Great photos...

Cheri said...

the napping photocopier gave me a good laugh! how original!!

Great reason #3 to be cheerful!
And what wonderful finds you have today. You're making great progress on the Hunt.
Rinda

The plane and cloud are wonderful. You have been busy hunting.

marshaleith said...

great shots!

BJ said...

love the photocopier taking a nap. BJ

Jimjams said...

LOL at the photocopier! My son has moved several times in Newcastle and has learnt to take photos when he moves IN ... evidence to judge their leaving efforts against. Good luck with your battle.