A Rather Late Post About My Weekend

23:07 Karen 4 Comments

I spent last weekend with some fabulous ladies at the ATDML retreat. There was lovely company, stunning classes and scrumptious food. I enjoyed myself so much that I forgot to take any photos of any of the above but will try to redeem myself with some retrospective photos.

Whilst I was there I taught two classes. The first was a 6 x 6 Christmas decor box frame using absolutely gorgeous Teresa Collins Santa's List.



Although I took six classes I only managed to finish two

This magnificently beautiful page designed by Denise - love everything about it - the colours, the stamped flower (what a good friend Denise is - she knows I hate stamping so gave me a piece of paper with the flowers stamped on already).

 

I love the way she has used the papers, I don't think there is anything about this page that I don't absolutely love.


The second page I finished was designed by the very talented Katherine using Flea Market.  Katherine is the queen of distressing and paint flicking.  As I am known to be obsessively adverse to getting my hands inky/painty(one class teacher even mentioned that it was a good job I wasn't in their class as I would have hated to get messy. I once took a class and chose the colours of the alcohol inks I used by the fact that they were in the cleanest bottles!) 

 

 I didn't do any paint flicking or dressing but loved the basic layout of the page and was delighted that the photo I had chosen perfectly matched the papers and theme of the page.



The second class I taught was a mini album.  


Now this is where you may like to join in.  The album is made from Webster's Pages, New Year New You range.  The title of the range gave me the idea that I could make a mini album with pockets 

 

 and journaling cards in the pockets.  


I hope that everyone who took the class will do something new each month, starting in January, and then photograph and journal about it.  I then plan to have a link up party on the second Saturday of the following month to show what we have all been doing.  If you would like to join in please do - a whole year of discovering new things!  I will put a reminder out at the beginning of January and we will see just where 2014 takes us. 

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Crafting weekends with crafting friends.

2. Spending this evening making my page for Storytelling Sunday.

3. A husband who understands that sometimes, in truth most times, I put crafting before housework.

 Photobucket

4 comments:

Amy said...

Karen I am always amazed at how much you get done at these crops - I always get stage fright or end up talking too much!

Love #3 reason to be cheerful!

scrappyjacky said...

I love the christmas decor box.

I loved looking at all of your goodies, Karen. Oooooh that Christmas shadow box frame is awesome!

S said...

Beautiful projects, especially the shadow box.