I can't believe what I have done!

20:18 Karen 11 Comments

Taking into account that I have a severe aversion to anything messy and as I have said before,when taking a class that involves any sort of ink, paint or misting my colours are chosen by the bottles which are the cleanest not by the colours I like best. AND that although I own lots of stamps I don't do stamping - I have absolutely amazed myself! 

Katherine posted this video onto the ATDML # Create Facebook Page and I was so in awe of the technique that I just had to try it.

So last night when David was out, as he also has an aversion to messy play, I played along with the video.

I don't have gesso and don't even know what it is, so I painted with white acrylic and sprayed and splashed


and stamped



and dribbled ink down my page.


I layered and layered and layered some more and


some layers have 4 pieces of foam tape under them

 
I loved it and cannot believe how enjoyable it was to do some messy scrapbooking.  I know I could have done more inking and dribbling and painting but you have to start with small steps.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Katherine for pointing out this video.

2. That David goes out on Thursdays (and Fridays for that matter) so I could make a mess in peace.

3.  It's the weekend and I hope yours is as creative as I intend mine to be. 

 


Photobucket

11 comments:

S said...

Your page looks fabulous. Messy play suits you more than you know.

Why thank you and what a beautiful page - it is gorgeous Karen :)

Cheri said...

You should definitely get messy more often as your page is stunning! And isn't it fun? I love getting messy (when the circumstances are right).

Wait. Who are you and what have you done with my friend Karen?!?! ;o)

It's so fun that you took the leap and got messy! I LOVE what you did with this page, and I hope you'll be more apt to use paint/ink more in the future. It really suits you!

Have a lovely weekend! xo

Amy said...

I can actually quite imagine you having a great time with the messy stuff!

Alison said...

I take my hat off to you, Karen...you are braver than me!! Well worth the mess I would definately say!
Alison xx

Denise said...

Well - never has my gob been more smacked !! No seriously,your talent knows no bounds Karen - it's brilliant x

debs14 said...

Ok, who are you and what have you done with the other Karen? Messy with dribbly ink? Good job I was sitting down when I read this ;-) lovely page, you will have to get dribbly more often!

Sian said...

It looks brilliant! I suspect we'll be seeing a bit more of Karen's messy side :)

scrappyjacky said...

And what a wonderful result you got...you'll soon be hooked!!
Gesso is well worth having as you can prime almost any surface with it....ready to paint and get messy!!!

Sandie said...

Welcome to the dark side Karen!! You never know what you've missed until you try it :)
As always you have a natural talent and your page is lovely. It certainly adds another dimension and look forward to some more dribbles and drips as you get into messy play.