New Year - New You?

08:58 Karen 7 Comments

I usually start a new year by  looking back on the old one but this year I am going to look forward to the new one!

At the ATDML October retreat I taught a mini album class called New Year New You. I challenged the ladies who made the album to do something new each month for the whole of 2014 and document it. This could be something major, something from your bucket list (there are plenty of ideas for inexpensive bucket lists on the internet) or even trying a new recipe but the point is that we all experience new things in one form or another at least 12 times in 2014. 


Now, not all of you will have taken the class but you will still be able to join in with the fun. You may want to make a scrapbook page of your monthly achievements make a mini book of your own or use my instructions to replicate the one made in the class (for instructions email karen.moss2@btintenet.com) or leave a comment asking for the instructions. You may just upload a photo or write a quick blog post if you have a blog. I will put a ‘Linky’ onto the ATDML blog on the second Sunday of each month, starting in February, for you to link up to.  I will also write a blog post here and put a link to the ATDML blog.  


I am definitely going to try to improve my fitness level and hopefully lose some weight. I may have a year of trying some new crafts or new techniques for the ones I already do. I know I will try new foods and recipes but most importantly I really don’t know where 2014 is going to take me but I do know that at least once a month for the next 12 months I am going to step outside my comfort zone and try something new – who is (wo)man enough to join me? 

To quote Dr Seuss "Out there things can happen and frequently do to people as brainy and footsy as you. And when things start to happen, don't worry. Don't stew. Just go right along. You'll start happening to you!


Reasons to be cheerful:

1. New beginnings.

2. The promise of exciting times.  My word for 2014 is Discover!

3. The wisdom of Dr Seuss.

HAPPY 2014 - BRING IT ON!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy New Year. Looking forward to seeing you album full

Sian said...

It sounds like an exciting project! I'll be looking out for it over the coming year..which I hope is a great one for you and yours. Happy New Year Karen

debs14 said...

Such a clever idea. 12 things is definitely achievable. I wonder what things you will be getting up to? Can't wait to find out!

Sandie said...

Love the idea of this project Karen. 12 things is certainly achievable and I hope TAW is there on your list! I may have to join in with this.... it may help keep me focused on some of the things I want to achieve. Look forward to seeing your album and what you do x

scrappyjacky said...

Happy New Year....and look forward to seeing the 'new' things you achieve in 2014.

Good luck with the project - sounds like a good one.
Rinda

This is such a fun idea, Karen! if I didn't have moving house looming in my near future I'd be very tempted to join in the documenting bit! I will really look forward to seeing what you do each month. And I LOVE the Dr. Seuss quote you used! :o)