The Accidental Scrapper

07:29 Karen 10 Comments

Along with the many, many advantages of being a designer for ATDML is that a couple of times a year we are given the opportunity to choose the dt kit for ourselves.  This month was one of them and I chose this gorgeous paper pack from Theresa Collins.

She Said: Collection Kit

It’s no secret that I love her papers, the cardstock weight of them, the texture and of course the design.  As I only have a daughter, what better range could I have chosen than the ‘She Said’ one?
To co-ordinate with the papers I also bought some bling (not used on this page)

e Line Pearls and CrystalsSIIC - Mini Swirls - Lyric  

Labels (not used on this layout)

Basic Kraft Label Stickers

And some Sn@p Pockets

Just the Basics Sn@p Pockets

This layout is in fact the third one I have made from the kit so far but it is my favourite.  



It came about quite by accident as I had, as I sometimes do, designed the page and laid out the elements of my page how I wanted them, without a particular photograph in mind. I then just grabbed the first photo in my pile to see how a 6 x 4 would fit in.  It just happened to be this photo - one I had had for a couple of years but never gotten around to scrapping.  If I‘m honest, the reason being is I do look much larger than I would like to think I am in the photo (must have been a trick of the light I think).  I couldn’t believe how well it went with the papers so with a little ‘shuffling’ about I was able to put the part of me that I was unhappy with inside the Sn@p pocket and it all worked out to my liking.  If only you could hide your larger bits in Sn@p pockets in real life!

 

I used the gorgeous orange damask paper, to cut the roses out on my Silhouette and some leaves cut from one of the papers, added a couple of heart shaped paperclips (from Wilkinsons) a little bit of journaling and my page was finished.  


A photograph scrapped by accident but you won’t tell anyone will you?

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1.  Being able to post a blog by copying the one I have written for ATDML!

2.  Keeping to my new start for the year.

3. Early morning walks with Kiera.
Photobucket

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely layout,Karen....and oh yes....snap pockets would be great in real life!!

Sandra said...

What a lovely page

I'm such a big fan of your layouts, Karen, and this one is just lovely! I had to chuckle a little at your words about hiding part of yourself under some of the embellishments. We are funny creatures, aren't we? ;o)

debs14 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debs14 said...

Had to delete my first effort as auto text made it ridiculous, I will try again ...
The lovely colours of the papers complement your photo perfectly.
Please reserve me one of those life size snap pockets!

Cheri said...

It's an absolutely gorgeous layout Karen - and the colors go so well with those in the photo! I can see why you picked that particular line of goodies.

Denise said...

I absolutely love this layout, especially those gorgeous flowers, you've done it again Mrs M

Alison said...

Gorgeous layout..and I would like to be in line for the. Life size snap pockets!
Alison xx

S said...

I saw this line and really liked it too. I picked up the He Said 6 x 6 pad. Teresa is doing lots of great stuff lately. And your layout certainly shows that product to perfection. And yes I've been known to cleverly embellish around photos too!

Ruth said...

That is the most beautiful page!