December DT

09:05 Karen 4 Comments

The lovely Jill & Mel sent me some Simple Stories December Documented and some Bo Bunny to design with in December.  
Strangly enough, the page that appeals to me the most is one on which I used Christmas papers for a non Christmas page. This was done as a sketch challenge at the Scrapmates Crop and instantly became one of my favourite pages. 



That girl will do anything to please you, even enduring a card mustache stuck on with foam pads!




Next I made a page of Gracia and Hannah, taken several years ago, in the snow.  The colours of the Simple Stories papers were perfect for this.

  

 
 
The last page I made using up the bits and pieces I had left over.



As I said, that pup will endure anything for a photo op - even wearing a Santa hat but she has a resigned look on her face this time - I think she is saying "Not again MUM"!



 I also made a couple of other pages using this range which I blogged about here.

The frames on the Bo Bunny sticker sheet instantly spoke to me and I was inspired to make a page using a 'selfie' Gracia took last winter.  The Bo Bunny sticker that said 'Snow Kissed' made the perfect title.



 

I than made a companion page of Gracia and Josh in the snow. For the title I used 'Winter' from the sticker sheet and 'Love' from the Simple Stories wooden shapes.





 Reasons to be Cheerful:

1. It's Sunday and today, because I have finished m-i-l's tax return and year end accounts, I am going to go shopping this morning, go to church (service starts at 11:15 today - means I can shop beforehand) come home, have an early lunch and then play.  I am either going to make the class for my Feb crop (places available if you are interested) or perhaps blitz my stash and have a tidy.

2. A husband who agrees that I should have more time to do what I want.

3 A house that was cleaned yesterday so is a joy to be in.



Photobucket

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Some lovely pages.Karen.....my favourite is the snow kissed.

Louise said...

wonderful pages Karen x

Sandra said...

What beautiful pages, I love the papers on the last two pages

Cheri said...

beautiful pages Karen! So wish I could come to that February crop...