Getting Messy with Paint & Ink!

13:30 Karen 7 Comments

I love all the mixed media pages that are about at the moment but as much as I love them I struggle to get too messy.  Last year, I took a huge leap out of my comfort zone and had a go at a mixed media page - I did enjoy the process and also liked the result.

I thought I would have another go and as I had some white paint and some Glimmer Mists to hand decided to limit myself to these.  If the truth be told, I was tired and didn't want to go hunting through my stash for other potential messy items.

I started by painting the white paint onto a piece of black card with a 1 inch paintbrush.  I then watered some of the paint down and sprayed this over the unpainted area.  


Once that was dried I used pink and blue glimmer mists - getting quite a lot on my hands! 


This needed to dry before I could continue so I took the opportunity to have a good soak in the bath to remove any evidence of ink on my hands.

The next day I layered patterned paper, journaling blocks, stickers and chipboard elements onto my page with my photos and the page was finished.


I think I am a controlled mixed media scrapbooker but who knows - this time last year I would have laughed if you had told me I would enjoy messy play so maybe this time next year I will be getting very messy - I do doubt it but you never know!


 Reasons to be cheerful:

1.  Enjoying messy play.

2. The opportunity to take a nice hot bath to remove the messy play from my hands.

3. David hasn't noticed where I dripped Glimmer Mist onto the wooden step by the back door - yet - shhhhhh!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sandie said...

I love how you are slowly dipping your toe into mixed media Karen! That's a nice page

Louise said...

wow...the effect you have created here Karen is wonderful....love it x

debs14 said...

Who'd have thought it?! It's looking lovely Karen, who knows what messy things the next year will bring?

scrappyjacky said...

It looks great....going out of your comfort zone can give some wonderful results.

Alison said...

I love the effects achieved by other people, but when I try it , it DOES just look like a mess!....this is lovely and your 'bravery' is paying off!
Alison xx

Sandra said...

I love seeing mixed media and art journaling ideas, but I have to confess, I wouldn't have a clue where to start. But it looks like you've got the hang if it for sure :)

Cheri said...

I love mixed media but I'm not a huge fan of messy hands either. I keep baby wipes nearby and clean up as I go. Your page came out beautiful! It almost always kills me to cover up all the painty, inky beauty with actual STUFF....