New Year New You - January

06:44 Karen 7 Comments

You may recall that in October, I taught a class at the ATDML retreat called New Year New You - where we made a mini album with the intention of recording something new that we have done each month.

Well, the time has come to fess up, to show and tell what you have done in January over on the ATDML blog

I decided that I really must try to do something about my weight but more importantly about my lack of exercise so I purchased some wet weather gear (what a good job I did with the rain we have been having), some new wellies, a headband with internal speakers so I could plug in my iPod and started taking Kiera out for a walk before work most days - usually leaving the house at 6:15am.  I love seeing it getting lighter a little earlier each week and listening to the birds beginning to sing. 


On the occasional days I take Kiera to work with me I walk her at lunch time. I track my walks on my phone with an App called Endomondo and used a screen shot for my photo this month. Over a month I have managed to knock 30 seconds per mile off my time and I am hoping that I can get it down to under 14 minute miles. 

Not a very exciting entry this month but one worth noting.  

So what have you all been up to? You don't have to have taken the class to join in you could just do a quick blog post and link it to the ATDML Blog.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1.  The hope that I might look good in a dress for Tom and Sam's wedding in May.

2. My girl is home next weekend.

3. An absolutely fabulous day spent with friends - I haven't laughed so much for ages.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Sian said...

I started Pilates in January - that's my exercise routine kick started. (Mind you, I don't have to get up at that time to do it..good for you)

scrappyjacky said...

That time o'clock is real dedication!!

Cheri said...

I find that the tracking tools really add to the motivation level! Good for you! I also decided to get more fit this year. I tried hard for the month of January to get in at least 5000 steps per day. Repeating that this month and hope that the weather will improve enough to up it to 6000 per day in March! Slow and steady.

Sandie said...

I wondered how you got this print out - clever app and idea to take a photo of your screen! Good luck with your fitness plan, at least it is something you can enjoy and Kiera is probably glad too!

I love the use of the screen shot in your piece, Karen. And good for you for your walking success! I'm sure your pup is enjoying it. I really need to start walking again, and Lucky could really use it too! He's beginning to look a little pudgy. :o)

S said...

What a cute little way to keep track of the new. Continued good luck with the walking and weight loss.

Ruth said...

Well done you!