SIPIDI - March

10:05 Karen 10 Comments

I came across this (See It, Pin It, Do It) on Alison's blog and thought what a good idea Fiona has come up with.  

I really love the name SIPIDI because it reminds me of the -song Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah  from a film that used to be a particular favourite of mine and Gracia's when she was very small and I can remember walking the dogs and singing this at the top of our voices! 



Like so many of us, I have boards and boards of ideas on Pinterest that I pin and then don't do anything with so by joining in with this I will at least get one thing made from my Pinterest board.

Having spent an idyllic weekend with Gracia and David a couple of weeks ago I was really feeling her absence when a quote popped up on my Facebook feed from Mother and Daughter Trips so I pinned it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1899909_508599922591319_442664677_n.jpg

This prompted me to think up a scrap page and I printed out a Googlemaps showing the route from our home to hers to use as the main feature of the page.  I also used a photo of the two of us from the aforementioned fabulous weekend.


I used some old MME Lime Twist paper because I thought the woodgrain looked like contours on a map.  Some scraps of Simple Stories Say Cheese.  


A couple of cameras I had cut out ages ago on my Silhouette, a velum envelope filled with punched hearts and as luck would have it, at the crop today, Nicola gave us all little packets of biscuits with a tag and windmill on.  The tag and windmills went perfectly with my page!  She was kind enough to give me a packet for David - he did get his pack but without his little windmill because my need was greater than his!  


Title is some old October Afternoon Mini Market stickers - which I bought loads of when they were out as I thought the kraft ones would be so useful, and they are and the word Distance cut out on my trusty Silhouette.

My favourate addition to the page were the wooden hearts and badge which were part of a birthday present from my BFF and as soon as I saw the quote and picture from Mother and Daughter Trips I knew the hearts would be an absolutely perfect additon - get me using stash I have only had for two weeks!


So there is my SIPIDI contribution - a page made using mostly old stash and some upcycled bits.  

Reasons to be Cheerful:-

1.  Clever ladies like Fiona who come up with such great ideas.

2. Talented ladies like Alison who bring said idea to the attention of other people.

3. 25 days til my girl is home for 4 weeks - I can't wait.

 Photobucket

10 comments:

Cheri said...

What a beautiful layout Karen! I love the map inspiration.

Carole R said...

Love this Karen - especially the route map - brilliant!!

Denise said...

Such a beautiful page and I love the word sipidi too ! Love that map :-) x

scrappyjacky said...

I love how that quote has inspired such a wonderfully inventive page.

What a gorgeous LO Karen, but then your girl always looks beautiful. Great way to be inspired by that quote. Thanks so much for joining in this month. I'll add you to the board now.

PS I had that song on the brain after I came up with the acronym for my meme!

Sandra said...

Oh what a clever take on your pin. It's such a fabulous layout, and a lovely, lovey photo

Amy said...

Yep, I love this page too ... all that Pinning is worth it! ;)

KraftyKaren said...

What a fab layout - love all the little details and the little windmill especially x

Ruth said...

I love this page, especially all the detailing!

Louise said...

aww a gorgeous layout.the photo the paper a marvelous idea. Isn't it great how we get our inspiration x