TBT - The Greatest Gift

07:06 Karen 6 Comments

A layout from May 2013 using Vintage Bliss - I have to confess that when I was pregnant all I wanted was a little girl, the thought of having a boy didn't come into my plans.  It was before you had the option of being told what sex your baby was so I just hoped and prayed that my baby would be the girl I so wanted.  In fact we hadn't even decided on a boy's name when I was taken down to the delivery suite.  



I do believe that our girl is the best gift we have given ourselves and she is our proudest moments and our greatest joys. 


So the dreaded exams are over and what a C**k up the university made of them!  Her first written exam, on Tuesday, was delayed because there were not enough papers for everyone so they had to wait for 20 more to be printed and then it was discovered half way into the exam that the 20 that had been printed were in fact the exam paper for the next exam on Wednesday. They then didn't have a paper for that exam.  The solution was to use an old exam paper for the Wednesday exam as there wasn't enough time to prepare a new one and this one had questions on subjects that the students hadn't covered in their lectures - as I said what a C**k up.

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. Exams are over for a while.

2. At least Gracia wasn't one of the students who left the exam in tears.

3. Josh has an exam today and and another next week and then the kids are free for a few days R&R.


6 comments:

Louise said...

Oh my! How unfair on the students...who has worked so hard. A lovely layout x x

Sandra said...

Oh that's just awful for the students and so wrong. I'm glad her exams are over. You've created just the most beautiful layout here

Sian said...

That's miserable!

You two always look so happy in each others company

Oh my goodness, what a mess! I'm so glad she made it through though, and your layout is absolutely adorable!

So much of what you said about Gracia's birth is exactly the same for Carrie's. I didn't know if I was having a boy or girl, but I wanted a daughter SOOOO badly. She's been my greatest pride and joy too. :o)

S said...

It sounds like someone at university wasn't so smart - how sad for the students. Darling photo - and I adore all the many touches you've added to the page - little bits of love all over. Nice!

I cannot wait for exams to be over here and to move on to summer!!!
Clara and I are finally growing into the kind of mother-daughter relationship you describe in your scrapbook page. There's ups and downs, but I love her dearly and am so glad to have a daughter, as well as a son.
Rinda