New Year New You - The April Edition

08:41 Karen 5 Comments

Well, have you picked yourself up off the floor? Four posts in as many days - perhaps my resolve of blogging more has gotten the better of me!

Last month, on my New Year New You post,  I said I was embarking on another little get fit project.  I wanted to 'up the anti' a little and so decided to embark on a C25K (Couch to 5K)  regime. For those who are unfamiliar with this - it's a nine week program where you exercise 3 times a week and build up from not being able to run to being able to run (in my case jog) 5K or for 30 minutes.



I tried three different apps on my phone - the first was too boring,  although the second had good music my phone didn't like it and it kept restarting half way through or suddenly deciding I was doing so well perhaps I should be on week six or seven - at first I hadn't realised what had happened and when I thought it was going to say 'Now is the time for your 60 second run', it said 'Now is the time to start your 8 minute run!'  I nearly tripped over my own feet - not a difficult feat as I am very clumsy anyway and because I take Kiera with me and she is on the lead when we are on the road part of the run, I am apt to do the odd pirouette because she will spot something - run for it and I will find myself suddenly spinning round mid stride!  The third and the one I stuck with is called RunDouble - no music but really good stats after every interval of walking/jogging.  I am only on week two as I have had several restarts, a trip to Mum's and the Easter weekend to contend with.



But as my inspirational quote on this month's page says 'Perseverance - Steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success!'

Reasons to be Cheerful:-

1. Loving my early morning exercise.

2. Even though I struggle to complete each of the running/jogging section what keeps me going is the knowledge that even if I am only plodding along - I am doing more than I would if I had stayed in bed.

3.  My little exercise companion who, when I get up now, is waiting at the door with a wagging tail and a look that says 'Come on Mum - let's get going'.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am so impressed - well done and keep it up!

Sian said...

Yep, very impressed here too. I've never been able to run at all so I'm cheering you on

Cheri said...

Congrats! Even trying will impress me as I do NOT run ... ever. Maybe if a big wild animal was chasing me I might consider it. Keep it up and let us know how you progress!

Sandra said...

I'll happily be a cheerleader for you ... This is great, well done x

Ruth said...

Well done! I'm still at the I-really-must-start-running phase and have been since January!