New Year New You - May Edition

15:21 Karen 4 Comments

 I really can't believe that it's June, already. This year has just sped by so fast and on the Saturday of the last Bank Holiday weekend it was the event that had spurred me on to starting my get fit and slimmer regime. The 'wedding of the year'.  If you recall I had been to my niece Amy's wedding in April 2011 and had hated how I looked in my dress, how I looked in my facinator, how I looked in the photos in fact I just was really unhappy with how I looked.  The photos showed a matronly looking woman who bore no resemblance to the one I thought I would see! (no photos to illustrate this you will notice - I still struggle to look at them let alone print them out)

I was determined that when Tom and Samantha got married I would have photos I would be proud of - was pleased with how I looked but took hardly any photos.  When the big day arrived I was not as fit and as slim as I wanted to be but was pleased with the progress so far. I wanted to look glamorous on the day so decided to have false nails.


 My nails are normally very short and not at all beautiful. I loved the new nails for about a day but then found that the got in the way as they were so alien to my every day life. 

 

So after a couple of days they were removed and I was back to may normal short stubby nailed self! 

 

Notice the slight green tinge around the nail of my longest finger - glimmer mist from yesterday's crop and I got quite a lot all over both my hands  AND I managed to not have a melt down because my  hands were green - so progress there too!

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1.  A wonderful day yesterday crafting with good friends.

2.  Attending the best wedding I have ever been to (excluding mine)!

3.  Slowly but surely turning back into the woman I want to be.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Cheri said...

I am so happy for you that you are making progress - even if it isn't as quickly as you had hoped - and even if you aren't ready to share. Progress is always good! :)

scrappyjacky said...

Progress is definately good.

Sandra said...

Oh I can fully understand you. Sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder who is looking back at me. Well done on your progress, sounds like you now what you want ... And that's half the battle won

Sian said...

I was going to say what Sandra said: sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder who that old woman is! Well done on your progress. Keep it up :)