TBT - Cheeky Geeks

06:00 Karen 8 Comments

By the time this post goes live Gracia will have finished her second year at med school and Josh will have finished his Zoology degree. What a scary thought! I am glad to report that 'The Girl Did Good' passing her second year and is rearing to get onto a year working in a hospital. If what people who have done the course say is true the second year is the worse year so I hope she is able to enjoy her next three. Gracia is looking forward to a long summer without any revision and to moving into the house with two of her three best med friends so it looks like September is going to be an exciting time.


There are so many things I love about this layout - the photos and how happy the two of them look - the fact that Josh is comfortable lounging about in our house in his pj's.  I love the conversations that we have and that they are happy in their joint geekieness.  I love that they embrace my love of scrapbooking and willingly give me photo ops and ideas - Josh has even been known to suggest a photo and then come up with the title for a layout using the photo.  I love that Gracia confesses to have a favourite element and that they have used their love for science over the past three years at Uni.



Reasons to be cheerful:

1.  Study is over for a while and the kids can now enjoy a summer of fun.

2.  They will be home in a few weeks.

3.  The geekiness of these two fill my little heart with joy.





Photobucket

8 comments:

Amy said...

Love it all Karen - them and their story and how you tell it!

scrappyjacky said...

Wonderful page....and journaling.

Louise said...

ahhh a beautiful page and a great photo. Well done to both of them x x

Cheri said...

What a sweet layout!

Sian said...

It's such a happy page! Well done to the two of them.

Call me daft...but wouldn't it be cool if one of her patients next year was able to say - hey, I know you! I read your Mum's blog

Sandra said...

What a fabulous blog post, it's bought a real smile to my face

Huge congratulations to both of them!
Rinda

S said...

Congrats to them. And I really like the repetition of the circular elements on your page - well done.