New Year New You - June & July

08:38 Karen 5 Comments

Well, we are over half way through the year and the effects of my efforts to make a new me this year are starting to show - less weight, fitter and a calmer new me!

In June, when the weather started to heat up, I realised that I didn't drink nearly enough water during the day and this resulted in me feeling sluggish during the afternoon.  So my resolve for June was to make sure I drank much more water and less caffine based drinks.



I swapped my 'first cup of the day and last drink before bed' for a glass of water and made sure I always had a bottle of water on my desk at work.


 

July saw the biggest change so far this year - the offer of a new Job.

I am swapping a 60 minute drive to work for a 7  minute one and as I start earlier will subsequently get to leave earlier and could potentially be walking back into my house two hours earlier than I do at the moment.



 It is a dream job, one I never thought I would be offered and it comes with the challenge of learning lots of new skills over the next year - can't wait to start in September.



This year seems to be shaping up quite nicely - wonder what August will bring?

Reasons to be cheerful:

1.  Goals being achieved.

2.  Confidence being restored.

3. Believing in myself again.

Photobucket

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Your new job sounds perfect....whatever it is!!

Cheri said...

Congrats on the new job and kudos on all the accomplishments and goals reached in creating the new you! You go girl!

Sandra said...

Well done and huge congrats on the new job. I must say, I love this idea of the new you in a mini album ... It looks so bright and fun. It's fabulous

Sian said...

Great news on the new job. Congratulations!

Sandie said...

I'm so pleased about your new job Karen - congratulations. I never did get into action with making this book. Maybe it's not too late and I can do a sprint to the finish. I will finish a couple I have in progress then look the instructions out. Yours is looking great!