Splendid Summer Adventures - One Photo, Twenty Words

19:44 Karen 15 Comments

 Joining in with Abi's one photo twenty words.


A snapshot of the wonderful summer we had filled with endless fun and laughter.  
So loving our splendid summer adventures. 

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Accepting that it's silly to give myself grief about not keeping up with LSNED and accepting it just isn't going to happen this year.

2. Remembering the fantastic summer we had with Gracia.

3. Realising that it's not too late to do the things I wished we had when she was little - we can do them now she is big and have way more fun doing them!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Abi said...

Wow, that afternoon tea looks incredible. So pleased you and Gracia have had such a fab summer.

That looks like a fun afternoon tea. Glad you had a wonderful summer with your girl.

Louise said...

Brilliant photo and perfect words x

Cheri said...

If it makes you feel any better, I had to let go of LSNED this year as well. Too much happening!

scrappyjacky said...

That looks wonderful.

Maggie said...

I love this picture

Nathalie said...

I love the perspective of your shot as well as your reasons to be grateful all in one post. Even though I felt a strong pull, I decided on Sept 1 that LSNED would not happen for me this year either, and your #3 is a great lesson :)

debs14 said...

I only ever managed one LSNED but I have several half finished ones! Great photo of your very own 'mad hatter'!

Miriam said...

What a wonderful afternoon tea and I love your 'reasons to be cheerful'

Sian said...

I really like your last thought. My Mum wasn't well when I was a teenager and we didn't get to do some of the mother daughter things we might have. Now I'm discovering the pleasure in doing things with my big girl and I love it

Ruth said...

Hooray for summer adventures with our children, whatever their ages!

Maybe that's your big lesson for learning in September - letting it go. :o) LOVELY photo of your girl!!! xo

Mel said...

Wow that looks yummy!

Karen said...

What a cute pic!

What as stunning cake selection. Very jealous!