A Little More Kaisercraft Love - Eat Me, Drink Me Book

09:13 Karen 7 Comments

Warning - Photo heavy post :0)

As you may recall, Gracia and I went to the Sanderson Hotel, in the summer, to partake of their absolutely fantastic 'Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea'. This was a fabulous experience and quite a fitting way to belatedly celebrate her 21st Birthday. 

Of course we took loads and loads of photos - of the food, of us wearing the teapot crowns, of each other drinking tea, of the crockery, of the riddle that was the napkin ring - you name it we photographed it!

I didn't want to then leave the photos languishing on my laptop but wanted to make a book to 'savor' the moment. I had recently bought a book by Kathy Orta (I would recommend this book as I have made three out of the four projects) and decided to make one of the mini albums as a little extra prezzie for Gracia.  What better paper range to choose than Kaisercraft's The Looking Glass collection.  My local craft shop didn't have all the range but I managed to get several of the papers and supplemented it with a couple of sheets from another paper manufacturer.  As luck would have it, the same shop had the chipboard Eat Me Drink Me words and cup and saucer and the little metal knife and fork.

Front Cover


 The Inside









And just a few (I promise) of the inserts with photos on to give you a flavour of how wonderful it was - sorry about the poor photo quality of these but they were just very quick snaps. 



 The sugar cubes came in a musical box and the menu was in an old book.

 The teapots came with paper crowns on and napkins had paper riddles for napkin rings.
Look at all that calorific lovelieness!
Clock Victoria sponge, chocolate teacup filled with white chocolate moose and mango moose surrounded by white stripey chocolate - Yum.
 The lady on the next table let us photograph the marshmallow mushrooms as we didn't have them - due to ours being the vegetarian version.  There were also little carrots made out of meringue.
Gracia modelling the paper crown beautifully. 

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1.  Gracia is home for the next two weeks and we have another afternoon tea adventure planned.

2.  Blogging about my book has brought back such happy memories.

3.  A couple of years ago I thought it was too late to go on adventures with Gracia as she was all grown up - different adventures and maybe even better than the ones I had planned but never got to do when she was younger.





7 comments:

Carole R said...

I love this Karen - and it is the perfect keepsake.
See you at the Retreat!
Carole Anderson

scrappyjacky said...

Love it. It's never too late for adventures....we are going on one in 2 weeks to celebrate our daughter's 30th!!

Antonia S-H said...

That's really beautiful, Karen.....gorgeous pics and gorgeous papers x

Sian said...

Your book is fab!

I've been delighted to discover how much fun it is having (almost) grown up children. The adventures are different, but just as good. My Mum wasn't well enough to take me out much after I became a teenager, so I'm making up for it a bit now with the next generation

What a fab album Karen, enjoy lots of adventures with Gracia and see you soon :)

Jo said...

It looks like you had a fantastic day and that album is amazing x

Eileen said...

What a FAB 'mini' book Karen.