Kaisercraft Exploding Box Class

19:27 Karen 3 Comments

At my last crop I taught an exploding box class using the Kaisercraft XO range.  Such a pretty range that I thought it would be ideal for this project which was designed to be used as a Mother's Day gift.  I have added some extra bits left over from making my February in 5 photos pages, which I also used the XO range, and will add black and white photos of our Valentine's Day walk. As I only want to add 9 photos I have embellished some of my pages.

The lid - I added a doily cut on my Silhouette

Side view of closed box

Inside

Close up of flowers and butterflies - the butterflies flutter because they are on strips of acetate.


Trying to show the bottom layer - tricky as it wants to pop back up!

Trying to show the middle layer but like the one above - it doesn't want to lay flat 

Top layer

Page from bottom layer
 Page from middle layer

 Page from top layer - little 2 inch doilies cut on my Silhouette.

I really enjoyed working with the crop girls to make their boxes and they were all delighted with the finished results.

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1.  Hannah is staying over and my house is filled with girlie and at times quite raucous laughter.

2. Deciding with Gracia that we will go for a walk every day we can in the holidays.

3.  Spending the first Saturday of every month with such fun, talented and lovely ladies.

3 comments:

Sian said...

That's very very clever! I'd definitely sign up for a class on how to make that :)

I like your new blog look

Jo said...

That is so beautiful, I really would like to have a go at making one myself :)

Louise said...

wow how fab. i've made a square one before with only four sides. this one looks far more complex. love it.