50 Breeds of Sheep - Take Two

07:41 Karen 17 Comments

Joining in with Abi' 1 photo 20 words. 



A glorious day spent in London hunting sheep and discovering one called Mossy Bottom!  Loving adventures with my Best Girl. 

Yes we are pointing at our Mossy Bottoms!  What a wonderful day we had just discovering London through the Shaun in the City Sheep Trails - there are 4 different ones and if London is too far for you to come there is one in Bristol starting on July 6th. 

We started by doing most on one trail then went for lunch in Covent Garden and found a few more there and finished up at St Pauls where we discovered some more.  Some were spectacular some were mediocre but all were such fun to find.  Having been to London last month with the school and been on a history walk from Trafalgar Square to Parliament Square and back again it opened my eyes to how much I don't know about my capital city and we are planning a family visit to London to discover some more.  

We had intended to hunt sheep in the morning and go to the V&A in the afternoon but because the weather was so lovely decided to spend as much of the day outside as possible.  

Reasons to be Cheerful:-

1. Yet another Adventure with my Best Girl.

2.  Planning at least two more before she goes home on Sunday.

3.  Whiling away the two hours we were stuck in a near stationary traffic jam on the way home chatting singing and in companionable silence.

17 comments:

Sian said...

Great fun! and just right for Spring too

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like a fun day out.

Ruth said...

Funny photo! I have to admit that the Shauns are grabbing me as much as the Paddingtons did.

JO SOWERBY said...

My local Shaun is in Bristol and I love the Mossy Bottom sounds like a great village name
Jo xxx

Maggie said...

Looks like you had fun with your friend. I shall look forward to the Bristol one

So much fun! We're waiting for them to arrive in Bristol before we go ahunting.

debs14 said...

I know Mary Berry is always talking about soggy bottoms, but mossy bottoms?! How typical of you two to find a fabulous photo opportunity!

Nathalie said...

Oh I wish I was walking around London right now! I loved our (too short) visit last year. Your upbeat post made me smile :)

Abi said...

This is so fun! I love that you have these adventures together. I saw them advertised in Bristol in the big shopping centre. I may have to start the hunt this summer!

Louise said...

a perfect way to spend your day x great photo x

Miriam said...

Great twenty words looking forward to Bristol. I love your reasons to be cheerful.

doris sander said...

this sounds like so much fun! i adore shaun the sheep!

Alison said...

Seeing your photos of of you and Gracia always make me wish Kirsty and I lived closer together...the good news is that I'll see her again next week- though I don't see much time for an adventure! Xx

Jo said...

I've been trying to get my lazy daughter to come on a sheep hunt with me but she won't :( I did the Gromit hunt in Bristol and loved it x

Julia said...

What a fab find and photo! I wanted to do the trail but my family had other ideas so only spotted three!

alexa said...

I adore time with my own best girl, so can quite understand your happy faces :).

KraftyKaren said...

Looks like you had a really fab day out!!