Counting my Blessings

08:57 Karen 8 Comments

I know I am very fortunate to have the job I have and although there can be weeks that are really, really busy there is always something exciting like lighting for a show or recording students music pieces to compensate for the rest of the hectic week.  Recently it was one of those weeks but as part of that very busy time I was fortunate enough to go on a school trip to The Globe in London.  I have to admit I am not a huge fan of Shakespeare but I thought it would be an unmissable experience - I was right!


As always I had my scrapbooking head on and spied, in the shop, some teal and white badges with quotes from A Midsummer Night's Dream on.  When my DT kit, from ATDML, arrived there was the perfect teal paper to go with the badges and the memorabilia I had saved from the day.   There was even a little globe on the sticker sheet - how serendipitous my good friend Eileen would say!



I loved the building, loved the play and the museum is well worth a second visit.  So if you get the chance I would thoroughly recommend it.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. My best girl is coming home for a couple of days tomorrow.

2. She has passed the exam she was most worried about.

3. A job which puts a smile on my face every day.

8 comments:

Alison said...

I'm not a Shakespearefan either the but wouldn't have missed the chance for a trip to The Globe...great layout! Xx

Sandra said...

It made me smile at the whole scrapbooking head on while visiting The Globe. It's such a lovely layout and well done to your daughter

Louise said...

congrats to your daughter, a lovely layout to mark a super occasion. One day i'd like to get to go to the globe!

Love your happy list today and great layout.
We went to the globe a few years ago and it was terrific

sue jones said...

I am going in September for the first time so wil look out fopr those badges :) Your page is wonderful. xx

Sian said...

Hurray for exam passing!

Visiting The Globe is still my all time favourite London thing I've done. I loved it and I love how you have pulled all the bits together on your page too

Jo said...

Great news about the exam. That is a lovely page x

debs14 said...

A perfect example of why we should all take advantage of any opportunity!
So pleased your girl passed that exam, she must have been relieved- onto the next year now. Hope you have a good summer x