Doing A Happy Dance!

16:30 Karen 4 Comments

Hello, Hello I am doing a happy dance as the long awaited, much anticipated ATDML Autumn Retreat weekend is here.  Doing an even wilder happy dance than usual as at the beginning of the week I thought I wouldn't be able to go but it turns out that a few days can settle things down and begin to get things back to normal.

I taught the first class which was three layouts using Simple Stories - We Are Family.    If you follow the link to the shop site you will see that this range has many more gorgeous items than I have used on my pages.  I feel a little spend coming on! 

The aim of this class was to get the most out of 'Project Life' style cut-a-part papers and to demonstrate, with the second page, how a 'Project Life' style page can be achieved without actually using divided page protectors.



The first two are designed to go side by side in a album and I have used the same format as I use in my 'Month in Five' album (an idea inspired by Jo's idea to scrap 5 photos from each month) - 1 large photo on the left and 4 smaller ones on the right.  Look at that gorgeous wood-grain cardstock!


The third page uses up most of the remains of the kit (Jill & Mel are so generous with their kit content - such good value for money, three layouts from one class) for a page that celebrates almost 30 years of marriage.

Hope your day is as fantastic as I know mine will be - fabulous company, cutting and sticking, learning new stuff and a plentiful supply of cupcakes - what more could you ask for?

Reasons to be cheerful:


1.  David is much better than we had anticipated at the beginning of the week and even talking about going out for a little drive today.

2.  A day of anticipated happiness and creativity.

3.  Almost 30 years of marriage and over 32 years of living with my man.

4 comments:

Jo said...

They are gorgeous pages and I really love the idea of doing Project Life on cardstock rather than in page protectors. I have quite a few of the bits and pieces that you've used an a whole day to scrap tomorrow :) x

Sandra said...

I absolutely adore your project life style page, I'm certifying to have to pin this.

Congratulations too , on your anniversary

Alison said...

Having a catch up and loving your layouts-as always! Have a super scrappy weekend xx

Sian said...

I hope you are having a fantastic time ! I love what you have done with that Simple Stories. I got some in a kit and it's the one bit of the kit I haven't packed up as I wait for next month. It's still sitting out, to see what else I can make. And there are plenty of ideas here :)