Memorandum Monday - 11th January 2016

06:00 Karen 8 Comments

Today I am joining in with Sian's Memorandum Monday - she says "I'd love you to tell us something you did over the weekend FOR THE FIRST TIME. Or (though it's not really an "or", because you are very welcome to do both) delight us with something you learned and DIDN'T KNOW BEFORE." 

I got caught out last Monday and learnt that if you write your Me on Monday post the night before and schedule it to go live, Sian might mix it up a bit on the Monday!

So what did I do for the first time over the weekend - well I went to a different church.  I have been going to the same church for 22 years but over the past year have felt disconnected from the congregation.  I decided that I would try another church in the new year and as it is now the new year I did just that.  What a culture shock it was - the church I usually attend is a very 'posh' Church of England one and this one was as opposite from that as could be possible!  I did text David after the service to say it was more like a rock concert than a church service but the congregation made me feel so welcome and it was such a fun service - everyone left with a smile on their faces.  

So that's what I did for the first time this weekend - realised that worship doesn't have to be the way I have done it for the last 22 years. 

Reason to be cheerful:-

I am making an effort to rediscover my faith. 

8 comments:

Jo said...

What a great way to start the new year, I guess that's the church you'll be going to in the future :)

debs14 said...

Pleased to hear you've found a new more relaxed venue, and a friendly bunch to spend your time with.

Sian said...

That's quite a big thing to do for the first time! I'm going to be waiting to hear if you go back and join them again :)

Have a great week Karen

Louise said...

Sounds like it was an enjoyable change. look forward to hearing more x

Sandra said...

You've found somewhere that accepts you, and isn't that what our faith should be about. How wonderful

I think Sian caught a few people out last week! Sometimes it pays not to be too organised.

Alison said...

That's funny...I was having a conversation about my faith and worship habits just this morning....I haven't found anywhere here which is traditional enough for me...I just don't feel comfortable with 'happy clappy'...glad you enjoyed the change though xx

Susanne said...

Oh looking for a new church home is a tricky thing - how nice that your first adventure was so positive.