AGA Cropping

09:24 Karen 5 Comments

This weekend was the first of the ATDML virtual crop dates for this year and I had a day of AGA Cropping - sitting in front of the AGA all warm and cosy.

What is a virtual crop you may ask - well its an online crop with kits.  There are three classes on the third Saturday of each month with different designers designing the classes.  Kits are available to buy from ATDML and class instructions are posted on their blog at 10am, 12noon and 2pm.  There is also a challenge set by Ann.  Some people just buy the kits to complete at a later date and some join in and make the pages during the weekend.

My class was up first and the kit I had been sent to design with used Simple Stories - December Documented.  I made two quite quick and easy pages, using photos from last year.  

The first was taken in November, when David and I visited Gracia and Josh in Newcastle.  We all tried on various Christmas themed pieces of headgear in Primark but I was rather partial to the Santa hat complete with beard!


The second page documents, what we said would be a new tradition, Gracia and I making a gingerbread house.  She had brought the cutters from Lakeland with the specific purpose of us making it together - got to love that girl of mine.  We baked the house on Christmas Day evening and decorated it on Boxing Day.  We spent such a lovely few hours together chatting and laughing and it really was a joint effort with us both working together to make the best house we could.  For a first effort it was ok but I am planning next year's one already!


Finally, the challange for the virtual crop was to make a page inspired by 'Make Believe'.  When Gracia and I visited mum in August we went into the local shopping centre and in Primark (can you see a theme with our photos) and as always spent time giggling whilst trying on the wacky glasses etc.  Gracia found these tiaras - just remembered I have lots of Primark photos in my photos folder and I can feel a Posing in Primark layout coming on! The title for this page is a quote from A Little Princess - my all time favourite book when I was little - some would say I am still little, to which I would reply 'It is still my all time favourite book!'





So if you have time on the third weekend of the month and would like to join us for a virtual crop keep an eye out here for the kits and here for the crop announcements and here for the classes and photo requirements.  

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. Taking several hours to make the 'Make Believe' layout - sometimes fussy cutting and layering is the most relaxing thing to do. 

2. Relising that I can get our Now TV sevice on my laptop.

3.  Becase of reason 2 - Watching Moonstruck and then Into The Woods whilst scrapping by the AGA - Toasty Warm!








5 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness the fussy cutting was so worth it. Beautiful

Sian said...

You know how much I love a bit of fussy cutting!

I just finished eating our gingerbread house this afternoon. It's a tradition here too

All lovely layouts but the bottom one is stunning! X

Jo said...

I will try and join in next month. I love your pages and your new Christmas tradition :)

Susanne said...

Great pages, and that first Santa snapshot is just priceless.