This is What Life Looks Like

09:29 Karen 5 Comments

Sometimes you see a layout and an idea jumps into your head - well that's what happens to me and that's exactly what happened when I saw this layout

weekly challenge: scrapbook with hearts @ shimelle.com // layout by Heather Leopard

 on Shimelle.com (click on layout above to go to blog post) I was inspired to make a page using hearts that look like they are 'flying off the page'.


I used my Silhouette to cut an oversized title and the hearts (quicker than hand cutting and used the Silhouette to cut a perforated line down the centre of each one much quicker to assemble accurately).


The layout came together very quickly after that.  I used papers from Kaisercraft's  True Love collection.  


                                           My Love                                       


    My Darling



                                        My Baby                                         


I also used a favourite family photo which is typical of one of our Sunday afternoon walks.  Love how Josh now joins in with our silly antics.  I love this photo so much that this is the second time I have used it on a page this month and it has featured on other layouts too.



I am going to put it into a box frame as I don't want the hearts to be squashed down by a page protector.

Reason to be cheerful

We are lucky enough to have Josh in our family and he perfectly compliments Gracia's wacky, geeky personality. 

5 comments:

Oh thats beautiful, love the 3d hearts & a great way to use heavily patterned papers - something I have problems with.

Susanne said...

Wow, that's incredible. What a vibrant living page you've created.

Louise said...

Such a pretty layout and love the photo x

Alison said...

I'm so glad you're using a photo box...I was worried about those fab hearts getting squished! Xx

Jo said...

That is a gorgeous page and it will look amazing in a box frame x