This Little Light of Mine take 3 - Blessed Beyond Measure

07:26 Karen 6 Comments

Hello, hello lovely blog readers.

Believing that 2016 is going to be my year seems to be paying off.  On Wednesday I was delighted to be offered a DT Position for Silhouette UK!  Now everyone who knows me realises that my Cameo is such an essential part of my creative process.  I use it for 90% of my projects in addition to all the fun things I use it for to make with my Rainbow pack.

My friend Wendy suggested that I should apply for the UK Design Team and I put it off until the 11th hour, well almost the 12th hour as I sent in my application at 11:18am not realising that the deadline was 12pm!  Oh my word - just getting in by the skin of my teeth.  I was thrilled to be chosen as one of 8 UK designers so am looking forward to lots of different products that I would not normally try.  

The free Shape of The Week is this flower which can be downloaded here


and I used it to make this layout.


To see what all the other mega talented ladies have done look here.



I have bought some frames from £land to experiment with vinyl and have so many projects running round in my head.  

Reason to be cheerful:

Look at the size of the welcome pack I received!


Glow in the dark paper, vellum sheets, scratch off paper (like the stuff you get on scratch cards) A rhinestone setter and rhinestones, toolkit, sketch pens, two rolls of vinyl and the pile in the bottom corner is also vinyl, the roll of lots of colours at the top is heat transfer vinyl, leather look paper in black and brown, a pen holder, a new blade, a fabric printing kit, pixscan mat and normal mat and washie tape sheets - and that's just for starters! 

6 comments:

Sian said...

Congratulations! I don't have a silhouette but that isn't going to stop me admiring what you come up with

Oh, congratulations Karen! Those layered flowers are wonderful and you've put them to great use.

Sandra said...

Huge huge congratulations. I'm a massive fan of the silhouette

Judith said...

So happy that they picked you Karen. A wise choice.
As you know I have only had my silhouette 2 months but I am in love and not a day has gone by that I have not used it to do something. Xx

Janet Packer said...

What a lovely layout. I'm sure we're going to have such a fun creative time on the design team !

Jo said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see all of the projects you create x