ATDML Retreat Classes and Silhouette Design of the Week - 12th April 2016

06:30 Karen 1 Comments

Well, Hello, lovely blog followers.  I hope today finds you fine and dandy.  I wanted to write a post all last week but just couldn't find the time. 

During the first weekend of April I was teaching a lovely bunch of ladies at the ATDML retreat, I had a class on Friday and a class on Sunday.

My first class was a double layout that documented Gracia from two weeks old until she was 16.  A layout I had wanted to do for some time.  For this I used Bella Blvd She Blooms and the title of my layout was aptly She Blooms.


I had enough left in the kit to make a bonus class page too. My love of foam pads came to the fore in this one as some of the layers are 4 layers high.


My Sunday class used the absolutely gorgeous Bo Bunny Believe range.  I was instantly drawn to these papers by the bright, bold colours.  This was a three page class. 


I hand cut the clouds and tucked some of them under slits I made in the sunbeam paper. I also used my beloved Silhouette to make the title. 


Just look at the colours on this paper - to die for I would say.  I loved that it looked like a messy painty page without any of the mess.  These photos were really poor quality but looked just fine as small ones on this page.


I used quite a few elements from the foiled vellum on this page and really like the Art Deco feel the burst at the top gives it.  

This week's free DOTW from Silhouette is called Modern Triangle Printable Pattern and its "what it says on the tin"!  A black and white pattern made out of triangles.  I used it as two six inch squares to add interest to the background of this page.


  https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/127163

For the page I printed out the pattern for the top left and bottom right quarters of my page.  I also used a black Silhouette pen to draw a border around each section and also to draw a border around the title, which I cut out of paper and adhered inside the drawn words. 
The supplies for all of my pages are from ATDML.

Why don't you pop on over to the Silhouette UK blog to see what the other DT have made with this shape?

So there we have it, a post that was a week late in places. 

Hope the rest of the week treats you well.

Reason to be cheerful:

Overhearing someone, who didn't know I was behind them, say to her friend that my Bo Bunny class was their favourite one of the weekend and their friend agreeing with them - I think that counts as a 'This Little Light Of Mine' moment!

1 comments:

Alison said...

As always, fab layouts Karen.....I smiled at the 'four deep'foam pads! Xx