Stars Shining Bright Above You

09:22 Karen 2 Comments

Hello, hello - I'm back again with another class from the ATDML Cyber Crop.  This time I used Simple Stories So Rad range.  This is definitely a boy themed range and I chose it to challenge myself by using it without making any boy themed pages.

As the theme of the cyber crop was music and taking account of all the stars on the page I decided to use a line from the song 'Dream a Little Dream of Me' - love the Louis Armstong version.  I designed and cut the title on my Silhouette (no surprises there then) and the page came together very quickly after that.  

Next, I made Teenage Superstars because I came across these photos of Gracia and Josh from six years ago and they seemed perfect for the papers.


 My third page was inspired by all the times the word 'Awesome' appeared on the papers and I used this photo from about nine years ago which was perfect as it is my feisty Gracia giving it some attitude.



Finally, I used up the remainder of the kit to backfill some stars that I had used my Silhouette to cut and added a little bit of doodling and three of the cut out stars for a page showcasing a photo David took when we were at a beach 19 years ago!


I loved the challenge of not doing boy pages with a predominantly boy themed kit.

Reasons to be Cheerful:-

1.  It's the school holidays and I have set aside this week to get all the jobs done that have been waiting for the last couple of months.

2.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing and Kiera and I went for a 2.5 mile walk at 6:15 this morning (not one to waste the day lying in bed)!

3.  All is well in my little world. 

2 comments:

Sian said...

Wow..that's an early walk!

I love the way you were able to cut a title like this on your S. One of these days I'll have to think about getting one and facing down that technology!

Jo said...

Great pages that don't look at all boyish. I hope you've managed to get all of your jobs done this week, an early morning walk is a great way to start the day x